Sunday 8 January 2017

2017: Turn and face the strange / ch-ch-ch-Changes

Happy new year to all my friends! Marie and I celebrated the new year in Cambridge together with Berk, Eda and Ishan. 


















With 2017, came new resolutions and hopes, as well as some changes to this blog. Last year, I aimed to write weekly posts but managed only three posts in four months, equalling to approximately 0.2 posts per week. To remedy that, I will now aim to write one post every month. Hence, I am making a counterintuitive case of proposing lower expectations for promoting productivity. Let’s see how I fare.

I have also decided to write on a broader array of subjects. For a little while now, I have been working on optical measurement systems (using laser and RGB camera based systems), and the related fundamental physics intrigue me. Venturing into these subjects will allow me to occasionally write about another interest, cinema. As with the previous posts on structures, I will try to focus on historical and mechanical aspects.

Oh, and also, I have been silently on Twitter for much of 2016. It has been surprising to find so much original and interesting content there! I have decided therefore to join in and share interesting things that I come across. On Twitter, there will be less mulling over as opposed to blog posts, and this way, I hope can share some of my excitement of discovering something new. You can find my tweets at @physionotrace

But before all that, I need to go back to a visit that I made in 2016, to fulfil another resolution. 

No comments:

Post a Comment